TAC is a national leader in assisting states to develop and implement systems-level approaches to increase community living options for people with disabilities consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the U.S. Supreme Court's Olmstead decision.
TAC's specific expertise includes:
- Helping states understand their obligations under the U.S. Supreme Court's Olmstead decision and the ADA to provide individuals with disabilities opportunities to live integrated lives in the community.
- Assisting states to meet requirements of Olmstead-related Settlement Agreements and court decisions.
- Designing initiatives to proactively move individuals from institutional settings to integrated permanent supportive housing in the community.
- Leveraging mainstream affordable housing and service resources, including Medicaid, to fund best practice community living options for people with disabilities.
- Training and technical assistance for state hospital and community provider staff in preparing consumers to move to integrated settings.