Lived Experience & Expertise
To bring about improved outcomes, housing and service systems are increasingly learning to draw on the contributions of people with direct experience of homelessness, serious mental illness, substance use disorders, and lack of access to culturally responsive support.
TAC’s team, which includes people with lived experience, helps policymakers successfully incorporate individuals and groups with lived expertise into service delivery, outreach, strategic planning, program implementation, and evaluation.
Areas of Expertise
- Working with systems & stakeholders to successfully incorporate PWLE
- Peer support specialist workforce development
- Stakeholder interviews, surveys, and focus groups with service recipients
- Innovative community partnerships
- Incorporating PWLE in evidence-based mental health and SUD practices
- Advising systems on compensation for people with lived expertise
- Youth Advisory Boards
- Racial Equity Core Team building