Housing & Supportive Service for Veterans
TAC supports SSVF grantees and communities throughout the country, coordinating and delivering specialized training, technical assistance, and consultation.
TAC’s work also helps inform policy and training decisions in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Veterans Affairs and Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program and the VA’s Homeless Provider Grant & Per Diem program.
Areas of Expertise
- Design, financing, and administration of supportive housing, rapid rehousing, and homelessness prevention programs and initiatives
- Key resources such as Supportive Services for Veteran Families, HUD-VA Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH), and VA Homeless Providers Grant and Per Diem; HUD mainstream affordable housing and targeted homeless assistance programs; and tax credit/specialty subsidy programs
- Alignment of federal, state, and local policies, programs, and resources to better serve Veterans
- Community planning and partnerships
- Resource and demand analysis, crisis response system evaluation, and program evaluation/monitoring
- Promising and effective RRH practices, system considerations, and program design