Medicaid plays a critical role in financing services and supports that allow many individuals to obtain and sustain stable housing. Opportunities under certain Medicaid authorities provide for housing-related supports and activities that can be reimbursed for Medicaid-covered individuals. These include supports that can assist an individual to prepare for housing, make the transition, and maintain a successful tenancy.
TAC is a leader in assisting states to plan for and use Medicaid as a sustainable funding source for housing-related supports and activities for individuals with disabilities and behavioral health conditions.
Areas of Expertise
- Working with states, managed care plans, and other stakeholders to assess the housing-related support needs of individuals served and gaps in service coverage
- Developing and sustaining partnerships across Medicaid, behavioral health, and housing sectors to coordinate Medicaid and non-Medicaid resources
- Capacity-building, technical assistance, and training on strategies to help vulnerable individuals get and keep housing
- Implementation and outcome monitoring through ongoing technical assistance, data tracking, and performance measurement
- The role of PSH in Olmstead compliance