Systems of Care for Children, Youth, & Young Adults
With safety and stability, children, youth and young adults with behavioral conditions can thrive. Systems of care provide a continuum of care for individuals with or at risk for behavioral health and other challenges and their families. They foster and sustain relationships built on core values for services and supports that are youth- and family-driven, grounded in communities, integrated across programs, culturally competent, and strengths-based.
TAC helps implement these principles at every level to address the particular needs and strengths of children, youth, young adults and families involved with the mental health, child welfare, juvenile justice, and homeless systems.
Areas of Expertise
- Policy and services design, financing, and implementation
- Service and resource gaps analysis
- System of Care philosophy, development, and evaluation
- Redesign efforts in response to Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) litigation
- Intensive care coordination using Wraparound, mobile crisis response/stabilization services, intensive home-based therapy, and evidence-informed best practices
- Services and supports for multi-system-involved youth
- Workforce development initiatives, including provider training and coaching
- Quality improvement and evaluation support