As a lead technical assistance provider for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) program, TAC helps providers and policymakers successfully navigate the effects of the Housing Opportunity through Modernization Act (HOTMA) on their own systems. Among other provisions, HOTMA changed the formula governing the distribution of funds in order to better accommodate people living with HIV, particularly in rural areas. In 2020–21, TAC partnered with Collaborative Solutions and the Cloudburst Group to develop a series of fact sheets showing how HOPWA formula grantees could adjust to HOTMA.
The series of 10 HOPWA Formula Modernization Fact Sheets can be downloaded from the HUD Exchange.
- Brick and Mortar Projects
- Challenges in Rural Areas
- Coordinating with your Local CoC
- Expanding a HOPWA Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) program
- Housing First and Harm Reduction
- Resource Identification
- Shrinking a HOPWA TBRA program
- TBRA vs. Short Term Rent, Mortgage, Utility Assistance (STRMU)
- Using Permanent Housing Placement with Tenant-Based Rental Assistance
- Using Data for HOPWA Modernization and Program Planning