This series of fact sheets on harm reduction, authored by TAC through SAMHSA’s Homeless Housing & Resource Center contract, outlines recommended action steps and implementation examples on how government and nonprofit agencies may come together to achieve the goal of systems alignment and improve outcomes for people with substance use disorders who are experiencing homelessness. To facilitate different points of entry, fact sheets are tailored to the perspective of specific systems and providers:
- State Behavioral Health Authorities
- State Medicaid Agencies
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Continuums of Care
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Treatment Providers
- Recovery Support Service Providers, Harm Reduction Centers, and BIPOC Community-led Organizations
- Supportive Housing Providers
Learn more, and download this resource, at the SAMHSA Homeless Housing & Resource Center.